Come Work for OPEIU Local 12!!
We are hiring for a Union Representative for our union!
OPEIU Local 12
Based in Roseville, MN
The Union Representation position provides the full range of representation to Local 12 members at their employers. This includes grievance handling through the arbitration level; contract negotiations; and developing training for members.
This position will be assigned to represent a wide range of members. Additional assignments may be added as organizing occurs.
- Negotiate or assist in contract negotiations, including proposal development, contract campaigns, and negotiations.
- Train and assist stewards and officers in representation work, including grievances and disciplinary appeals up to and including arbitrations.
- Assist in the administration of Local 12.
- Assist in the creation of Local 12 communications.
- Work with leaders in the development and implementation of worksite issue campaigns.
- Assist and train members to build stronger locals through internal organizing and/or external organizing campaigns.
- Other related duties as required.
- Three or more years of related union representative work experience required.
- Understanding of Union Labor Laws.
- Extensive knowledge of labor unions and labor relations issues in the public and private sector.
- Ability to establish rapport with and organize members in widely diversified ethnic, social, and economic groups.
- Experience in advocacy and leadership development.
- Proven effectiveness in working with Local Unions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner possessing strong interest and working knowledge of labor rights, employment rights and contract language.
- Extensive project management experience in a high-stress environment.
- Research and analytical skills necessary to assess and plan effective projects.
- Ability to deal with conflicting and changing priorities.
- Experienced in the use of most widely used computer programs, familiar with desktop publishing and social media.
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- A willingness to work long and irregular hours and participate in union activates.
- May be required to lift 25-50 pounds
- Minimal travel will be required.
Please see résumé and cover letter to Joe LeBlanc at: jleblanc@OPEIU12.org.